A child’s safety organization has recently released a list of dangerous toys to help parents keep their kids safe. As the holiday season arrives, many parents are now looking to buy gifts for their children. This is an especially good time to review guidance from experts about safety. Here’s a look at the complete list from World Against Toys Causing Harm (WATCH. It shows what they consider the ten most dangerous toys of the year.
Dangerous Toys on the List:
- Peppa Pig’s Muddy Puddles Family (Choking hazard)
- Kids Time Baby Children’s Elephant Pillow (Suffocating hazard)
- Slimeball Slinger (Eye injuries)
- Banzai Bump N’ Bounce Body Bumpers (Impact injuries)
- Nerf Rival Apollo XV-700 Blaster (Eye injuries)
- The Good Dinosaur Galloping Butch (Puncture wounds)
- Peppy Pups (Strangulation risk)
- Flying Heroes Superman Launcher (Eye injuries)
- Baby Magic Feed and Play Baby (Choking hazard)
- Warcraft Doomhammer (Impact injuries)
To create a safe holiday season for your kids, you might want to keep all the toys on this list out of your shopping cart. If you do decide to purchase one of these toys, just be aware of possible issues. Understand that kids might need more parental supervision with these items.
How Does the Law Handle Dangerous Toys?
If something bad does happen, remember that toy makers and other businesses have an obligation to sell products that don’t pose a serious risk to customers.
There are legal pathways to hold these negligent businesses accountable. Product liability lawsuits can help keep pressure on corporations to make safety a priority. Of course, that is always the last resort. If we can, everyone wants to avoid having an injury in the first place. That’s part of what makes lists like this so helpful.
Happy holidays, everyone. Stay safe out there.