Can I File a Lawsuit If Another Driver Injures Me?

Posted on August 27, 2014 at 12:00pm by

It is estimated that 11 million vehicle accidents occur each year in the U.S.

Some of these crashes result in catastrophic injuries or wrongful deaths, as issues like distracted driving, impaired driving and the failure to obey traffic signals can result in awful accidents.

Unfortunately, on August 13, an Atlantic City police officer was injured when a driver hit her vehicle as she was directing traffic.

According to the Press of Atlantic City, when the accident happened, Rebecca Seabrook, was directing traffic away from Route 40 due to flooding. Seabrook and another officer had their vehicles positioned in a way to redirect traffic on the Atlantic City Expressway when the crash occurred.

The Press reported that Zachery DeMarco, of Millville, allegedly struck the front fender of Seabrook’s marked patrol vehicle at a high rate of speed. Seabrook was inside the vehicle at the time of the accident and suffered head, neck and knee injuries. She had to be transported to AtlantiCare for treatment.

The accident remains under investigation.

Who Do I Contact If I Am Injured in a Vehicle Accident?

If you are injured in a vehicle accident, you should stop and speak to the other driver, if possible. If you cannot, you should remain in your car and attempt to call emergency workers, who can help remove you in a safe fashion.

If possible, taking photos of your accident is also a valuable way to document the crash, as they could be used in legal proceedings. Once you speak to your insurance company about the matter, you should then call our Atlantic City injury attorney. You should do this before you speak to the other driver’s insurance provider, as many companies try to get victims to admit guilt or take partial credit for an accident to avoid having to pay damages.

Let us recover the economic damages you are entitled to following a vehicle accident. Contact us today for a free consultation. You can use compensation from a lawsuit to pay for medical bills acquired through rehabilitation and therapy.

Donald G. Targan & Associates – Atlantic City Accident Attorneys


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.